WAPCo has performed an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) to assess the potential benefits and impacts of Pipeline construction and operation on the health, safety, environment, and socio-economic conditions in the Project corridor.
In January 2004, WAPCo submitted Final Draft EIA Reports to:
- Environmental Authorities of
- Benin (Agence Beninoise Pour l'Environnement)
- Ghana (Ghana Environmental Protection Agency)
- Nigeria (Federal Ministry of Environment)
- Togo (Ministre de l'Environnement et des Ressources Forestires)
- World Bank
- Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC).
- Completed the legally required public hearings in the 4 WAGP countries
- Completed Revision 1 to the Final Draft EIA Reports that incorporates
- Responses to certain comments received during the public hearing process
- Responses to comments received from the World Bank, MIGA and OPIC
- Responses to certain formal and informal comments received from the Environmental Authorities of the 4 WAGP countries
- Responses to certain comments received from other external stakeholder groups
The World Bank, MIGA and OPIC have approved the release of the revised Final Draft EIA Reports (and Resettlement Action Plans) for the purposes of 60 day display, consistent with World Bank, MIGA and OPIC disclosure policies. The EIA Reports link on this web page provides the current, revised Final Draft EIA Reports.