1. It is WAPCo's obligation to carry out its mission efficiently, effectively and profitably.
2. WAPCo recognises responsibility towards:
Shareholders - to safeguard their investment and assets, and provide the targeted return;
Customers - to deliver gas competitively, safely, reliably and to the desired quality;
Employees - to provide good and safe conditions of work, good and competitive terms and conditions of employment, and to promote the development and best use of human talent;
Contractors, suppliers and other service providers - to seek mutually beneficial relationships and to promote the application of these principles; and
Society - to conduct our business in a socially responsible manner, to observe the laws of the countries in which we operate, and to give high regard to health, safety and the environment.
3. WAPCo will conduct its business, and WAPCo employees, agents and representatives will conduct themselves, honestly, ethically, fairly and with integrity at all times, and will expect the same from all those with whom they do business.
4. WAPCo will implement and adhere to high standards of business controls and risk management, including the maintenance of the integrity of its accounting records and the reliability of its financial reporting.
5. WAPCo will not make payments to political parties or politically-motivated organisations or take part in party politics. When dealing with governments, WAPCo has the right and responsibility to make its position known on issues which affect it, its employees, customers or shareholders, or on matters affecting the community where it has a contribution to make.
6. WAPCo will, subject to any overriding considerations of business confidentiality and cost, maintain open, comprehensive and proactive communications with legitimately interested parties about its activities.